Safe Fun, Aquatic Leisure Certification, is a quality seal which certifies, through a full process of official inspection, the security of all kinds of facilities with water slides and attractions, according to European regulations (EN):
- EN 1069:2017 (part 1 and 2) – Water Slides.
- EN 17232:2021 – Water play equipment and features. Safety standards in respect of water games (installed both in pools and zero-depth spray parks areas).
For water slides inspections, we use a unique technological tool that allows us to digitally record all the parameters related to users’ speed and acceleration while they are enjoying the attractions, ensuring that they are within safety target ranges, defined in the European standards.
The current situation has further highlighted the need of perception of greater security amongst users, becoming a significant factor in consumers’ purchasing decisions, particularly in the case of families with children.
This requirement of secure facilities apply not only to users, but to other sectorial organizations such as tour operators, travel agencies or even the touristic destination regulatory authorities, which will shortly require compliance and mandatory certification with applicable standards.
The Fun Lab is a company accredited by ENAC (Spanish National Accreditation Entity) for the inspection and certification in accordance with the European regulation:
- EN 1069 (part 1 and 2) – Water Slides: Accreditation nº 532 / EI829. This regulation covers matters relating to the safety standards in respect of water slides, regardless of their measures or types.
- EN 17232 – Water play equipment and features: Accreditation nº 532 / EI829. This regulation covers matters relating to the safety standards in respect of water games (installed both in pools and zero-depth spray park areas).
To visualize the Technical Annex with the scope of accreditation in accordance with the requirements of EN ISO/IEC 17020:2012 clic here.
ENAC is full member of the European Co-operation for Accreditation (EA) and International Laboratory Accreditation Co-operation (ILAC), with mutual recognition of certificates and reports issued by accredited bodies.
- Possession of an ENAC official inspection certificate (institution recognized in by European Accreditation and ILAC), with legal validity for users, tour operators and other sector organisations.
- Minimising risks and liabilities for the establishment.
- Prevention of accidents and consequences of claims or legal proceedings.
- Regulatory compliance at the European level.
- Promotional tool for the company or organization. Use of the Safe Fun mark in both digital and physical formats.
- Trust from customers.
- Better brand awareness and reputation.
Safe Fun, Aquatic Leisure Certification, is suitable for any establishment with water leisure attractions for public use:
- Hotels & resorts
- Water & theme Parks
- Sport & aquatic centers
- Shopping & leisure centers